Film / TV Rules
The TMFF accepts submissions through WithoutABox. Registration with WithoutABox (WAB) is free, there are no extra fees to pay, and you can track your submission progress in WAB’s system. You may also submit through our Web site (see below).
New! Add the TriMedia Film Festival to your WithoutABox Watch List
- We encourage the submission of international film/TV entries, but all entries must be in English or have English dubbing or subtitles.
- For the 2012 festival, all film/TV entries must have been completed no earlier than 1 January 2009.
- Film/TV entries must be available for screening during the 7th annual festival, 7-9 September 2012.
- Film/TV entries may not run longer than 90 minutes (1 hour 30 minutes).
- For 2012, the TMFF will select one feature narrative film and one feature-length documentary film to be awarded a Choice City Award. See more about this award below.
- By submitting a film/TV entry to TMFF, you agree to allow highlights or excerpts of your entry (e.g., a trailer) to be placed on the TMFF Web site for marketing and promotional purposes, and on the TMFF promotional videos.
- You may submit as many entries as you like. Each entry requires its own entry fee. You must send us two preview DVDs of each entry, and we only accept DVDs (Region 1 or 0).
- Write the title of your entry and your WAB entry number on any and all preview materials you send us, especially the outside of the package and the 2 DVDs themselves. It helps us make sure your entry gets to the right people in a timely manner.
- We will notify you that your entry has been received via WithoutABox or via email.
- Finalists will be selected based on excellence in conformity to judging criteria, content guidelines, and festival philosophy.
- Finalists must submit two exhibition copies of their entry on DVD or Blu-Ray (Region 1 or Region 0). Please write the title of your entry and your WAB entry number on anything and everything you send us.
- Preview and/or final exhibition materials will NOT be returned. Please don’t ask us. If you are pre-approved by a TMFF Executive Co-Director to exhibit on some other format, you are responsible for shipping costs both to and from the festival.
- In accordance with both TMFF and WithoutABox policies, the entry fee is non-refundable. You may not enter your work unless you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the TMFF.
- Awards will be announced at the festival. All awards are based on the overall merit of the entries and on audience choice balloting. The decision of the judges is final.
- Finalists will be notified by around July 20, 2012 if their entry will be screened at the 2012 TMFF and considered with the other finalists for the top awards. Please understand that acceptance in the festival will in no way guarantee that you, your actors, or your crew will be offered paid transportation or lodging for the event.
- All finalists will have their entries screened at the 2012 TriMedia Film Festival and will be featured in the festival program. In addition, excerpts of your work may be included in promotional or educational DVDs, and/or shown at fundraiser or promotional events for the TMFF.
Please note that we may, at our discretion, accept film or TV entries that have distribution contracts, but if they have been exhibited or aired in Northern Colorado, they may not be eligible for awards.