The TriMedia Film Festival accepts theatre entries with permission only, and entrants are required to produce the play at the 2012 TMFF. We work primarily with local and regional theatre groups, writers, and others to program the original theatre track.
If you have a new one-act play that you are interested in producing at the festival, please use the Contact Usform to ask for more information. Please read the following section on what we’re looking for.
- All submissions must be through our Web site form and include payment of the entry fee. The deadline for theater scripts is 31 May 2012.
- All scripts must be in English, and submitted electronically in Word, ASCII text, Final Draft, or PDF form. Performance running time for the script must be between 15 to 25 minutes for short plays. Scripts with fewer characters and minimal/flexible staging requirements are much preferred and are more likely to be accepted.
- Scripts must have been written no earlier than 1 January 2009, and that it has not been or will not be staged in Colorado between 1 January 2009 and 9 September 2012.
- Scripts must be available to be produced by you or your representative during the festival, 7-9 September 2012. The performance date is tentatively scheduled for Sat., 8 Sept. 2012 at a time to be determined.
- Finalists will be notified by around 25 June 2012 if their script(s) have been accepted for production at the 2012 TMFF and considered with the other finalists for awards. Please understand that acceptance in the festival will in no way guarantee that you will be offered paid transportation or lodging for the event.
- We will, at our discretion, accept theatre script entries that have been produced before, but if produced for public audiences in Northern Colorado, they may not be eligible for awards.
- If your entry is selected, you must arrange for actors to perform a fully staged version the play. We will discuss prop and furniture requirements with you closer to the event, as well as a technical/dress rehearsal time. We are more likely to select short plays that have fewer furniture, prop, set, or technical requirements.
- By submitting a theatre entry to TMFF, you agree to allow videotaped highlights or excerpts of the production of your play to be placed on the TMFF Web site for marketing and promotional purposes, and on the TMFF’s promotional or educational DVDs.
- Finalists will be selected based on excellence in conformity to content guidelines, judging criteria, and festival philosophy.
- You may submit as many entries as you like. Each entry requires its own entry fee.
- In accordance with both TMFF policies, the entry fee is non-refundable. You will not be allowed to enter your work unless you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of TMFF.
- Awards will be announced during the TMFF. All awards are based on the overall merit of the entries and on audience choice balloting. The decision of the judges is final.
- All finalists will produce their scripts at the 2012 TriMedia Film Festival and will be featured in the festival program. In addition, videotaped excerpts of your work may be included in TMFF promotional or educational videos.